Over the last few weeks there have been various rumours in the press stating that Girls Aloud star Cheryl Cole would be returning to The X-Factor later this year, but according to reports in The Sunday Mirror this weekend she will taking a break from showbiz for the foreseeable future.
A close friend of Cole’s told The Sunday Mirror yesterday that Cole had “ruled out” an X-Factor return. They said, “She’s in no rush to record a new album and has ruled out rejoining The X-Factor panel. Instead she’s going to go to America and spend time in LA with boyfriend Tre Holloway”.
It appears as though the source is correct because only yesterday Cole backed up those claims by tweeting, “Gonna take some time now to rest”.
Public support for Cole making a return to the hit ITV1 show had been growing in recent weeks, but it appears that is no longer the case. Only last week Louis Walsh and Gary Barlow were pencilled in for a return and reports today suggest that Nicole Scherzinger is also negotiating a new deal to return as well.
Only time will tell what is next on the agenda for Geordie girl Cole, but after a busy 12 months which has seen her release a new single and rejoin Girls Aloud no one can begrudge her a well earned rest, or can they?